My photo
Welcome -- I hope you find my thoughts and opinions regarding politics, Christianity, family and just everyday "stuff" interesting. Please read and be sure to visit again.


Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle Obama

I, like many Americans, watched Michelle Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention last night. She was pretty, her hair was perfect and she was very articulate. I had, however, hoped to learn at least a little more about the Obama family. It just all sounded so boring, rehearsed and even a bit defensive.

Mrs. Obama is an intelligent Black woman and of that I am proud. But as far as Barack Obama as president – I heard nothing compelling.

As a basketball fan, I found it very interesting that her brother is a basketball coach. He and his sister clearly love one another. And as for their girls – they are absolutely adorable.

Great American family? Yes. First family? We shall see. . .



No comments: