My photo
Welcome -- I hope you find my thoughts and opinions regarding politics, Christianity, family and just everyday "stuff" interesting. Please read and be sure to visit again.


Thursday, June 19, 2008

You Have A Vote & So Do I



Our fore-parents fought and died so that we would have the right to vote. I do not think for a minute that the purpose of that fight was to ensure that all Black folks would vote for the same candidate(s).

The beauty of having the right to vote is our ability to weigh the pros and cons of the candidates and measure the candidates’ values and beliefs against our own. We go through this process so that we can decide who should get our vote.

Isn’t our right to vote threatened by the “all for one and one for all” --we all must vote for Obama mentality with which non-Obamacans are being hammered ? If we allow ourselves to be bullied into making our voting decisions this way, what will our vote really mean?

No comments: