My photo
Welcome -- I hope you find my thoughts and opinions regarding politics, Christianity, family and just everyday "stuff" interesting. Please read and be sure to visit again.


Monday, June 23, 2008

Games of the XXIX Olympiad


The Lakers lost the championship and Tiger is out for the rest of the year so my sports focus has turned to the Olympics. August 8th is the date and Beijing is the place. The slogan for the 2008 Olympics is "One World, One Dream". I suppose we do all have that same dream of winning.

I remember when the Summer Olympics were held in Los Angeles in 1984. It was truly a magical and exciting time for Angelinos. The city was all “dressed up”, “decked out” and eagerly anticipating the world’s arrival. I remember feeling an overwhelming since of pride. It was just a great time for the city and I was proud to say that L.A. was my home. It was then that my interest in the Olympics began. Now I watch the games and simply enjoy feeling proud to be an American.

Although the NBA season is over, we will get to watch Kobe and other NBA players representing on the Olympic team. And it will be fun watching track & field, gymnastics, swimming and all the other games. The U.S. team is expected to have over 600 competitors – our largest group ever. I can’t wait.

45 days and counting. . .

No comments: