My photo
Welcome -- I hope you find my thoughts and opinions regarding politics, Christianity, family and just everyday "stuff" interesting. Please read and be sure to visit again.


Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bobby Jindal

I was anxiously anticipating Bobby Jindal’s response to President Obama’s speech on Tuesday night. After only a few minutes I could no longer stomach it and had to change the channel. The look on Jindal's face, his tone of voice, the cadence of his speech – everything was so annoying I couldn’t even “hear” him. The content of his speech may have been 100% on point (I don't know) but if so, his delivery completely detracted from it.

I thought this man was supposed to be ready to “stomp with the big dogs”. If he is the best the Republican Party has to offer – this is a party in trouble for real! I'd like to suggest that we go back to the drawing board . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about Bobby Jindal and am not an apologist for him, but it wasn't until fairly recently (like the Nixon/Kennedy debates) that we began to judge politicians not on the content of their speech but their appearance, cadence, and such. It seems to me that suggesting that we should "go back to the drawing board" because you didn't like the way he spoke, instead of what he said, is pretty shallow.

Kee said...

Perhaps, but I think it really belongs in the "poor first impression" category. If you're unable to engage me within the first couple minutes -- it's a wrap. That's just me. :-)