My photo
Welcome -- I hope you find my thoughts and opinions regarding politics, Christianity, family and just everyday "stuff" interesting. Please read and be sure to visit again.


Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Calgon Take Me Away


This is the point in my life where the entrepreneur, mother, Christian and concerned American in me are all taking big chunks of my time and energy. This past month has been a whirlwind and November promises to be more of the same. I can hardly believe that it’s been a month since I’ve written anything. Where did the time go?

Well, on September 7th we bought a puppy -- a mini-schnauzer named Euro. On September 8th my son’s childhood friend moved in with us. On September 9th my first grandchild (Pharyn) was born. In mid-September I decided that I needed larger offices for my business and began the search. I found the perfect office a few days later and we are moving next week. My daughter’s 17th birthday is this October 26th and I am shopping for a used car as a gift. When I add the election and the financial crisis to the mix – Calgon take me away!


Today I was “inspired” to write when someone emailed the picture above to me. I think it absolutely hits the nail on the head. Obama is seen as some type of superhero coming to save the nation. The problem with that view of course, is that this is not a movie. Or, as Jay-Z puts it, “this ain’t a movie dawg”

2 comments:

Lucinda said...

Nice to see you back. God bless.

Kee said...

Thanks Lucinda. Good to be getting back into a routine.